Hosted by the IATC
This is a Non-School Event
Registration & Information
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Ankeny Centennial H. S. Cross Country Course
2220 NW State St, Ankeny, IA 50023
(See Directions to the Meet below)
Parking: Ankeny Centennial H.S. - $5.00 per car
Enter parking lots from State Street.
If bringing a bus, use the 18th Street entrance south of the school.
|Distance:||2 Miles (See the Course Map )|
Entries: 7th or 8th Grade Student
Races will be divided by gender and school size classification. Weather conditions may determine the need for races to be combined. Presently the Large school division will be divided by class. Therefore, 4A and 3A size schools will run separately. 2A and 1A classification schools will compete combined.
The IGHSAU and IHSAA high school Track and Field rules will be followed. Medical alert medals should be taped to the body. Watches may be worn and must be Non-GPS types.
Sportsmanship-It is the clear obligation of contestants and coaches in all interscholastic competitions to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and ethics of competition. The governing organization shall have authority to penalize any contestant or coach in violation of this obligation.
|Check the IATC Website for Weather related and competition related notices.|
( www.iatfcc.org )
| || || || |
|Weather Related Concerns:|| || |
The sport of Cross Country is run in all weather conditions and our first and utmost concern is for the welfare and safety of our young athletes and their families.
All divisions will be competed unless Meet Management and IATC Executive Board determine the weather conditions cause a safety concern for the athletes, coaches, parents and fans. If the event is cancelled by Meet Management and IATC Executive Board, there will be no refunds of entry fees.
If the meet is in progress and the weather turns severe, (damaging winds, thunder and lightning) the meet will be stopped. The athletes and their families will be asked to seek shelter. Following the passing of the severe weather and the course is deemed safe for competition, the meet will continue.
The meet will be contested on the scheduled date and there will be no make up date for the meet.
| || || || |
|Race Day Information|
|Race Day Check-in:|| || |
|Opens at 9:00 am Saturday 10-15-2016||All Teams and Athletes are encouraged to check in 90 minutes before your class and grade's races start.|
|NO ENTRIES Will Be Accepted On Race Day .|
|All runners will wear a Race Number during the race. Number Pickup will be at the Check-In Table.|
|All entries must be SUBMITTED BY On-line Registration by 11:59PM Monday, October 10, 2016.|
ON-LINE ENTRIES OPEN AUGUST 31, 2016
|Due to the large number of athletes, we are NOT ALLOWING on-site RACE DAY entries.|
|Entry Fee:|| || || |
$10.00 per runner pre-registration, PAY ON LINE by 11:59PM Monday, October 10, 2016. Those paying by school check may mail via USPS to address below:
IATC Middle School Coordinator
512 NE 47th St
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
Make checks payable to Iowa Association of Track Coaches or IATC. Include team name, grade level, gender and school on check and the names of the athletes the payment is covering on a separate sheet of paper.
Late Fee-$20.00 per runner if PAID ON LINE by NOON Thursday, October 13, 2016. Late entries CANNOT mail their payments as they will not arrive on time.
No entries Friday or the day of the race.
Runners who have not paid online and whose check has not arrived will be required to pay the $20.00 late fee prior to receiving their bib numbers on race day.
ONLINE ENTRIES OPEN AUGUST 31 FOR THIS YEAR (2016). Please click on WASHBURN CLASSIC REGISTRATION for the On-line Registration. We have simplified the link this year and put the entire meet into a single registration site. Please be sure to check for correct class, grade, and gender before hitting the DECLARE button. Additions, scratches, and corrections can be e-mailed to Eric Cogdill; (
) up to the closing date of Monday, October 10 at 11:59pm.
Coaches: All athletes from the same school will be placed into a single packet for pick-up with the exception of:
** non-paid entrees will be held separate in order to collect payment.
** entrants specifically requesting to have their bib number left separate
|Races:|| || || |
|Unlimited entries per school, all compete for individual awards.|
|First Race:|| || || |
RACE SCHEDULE THIS YEAR
11:00 - 7th Grade Class 4A Girls
11:20 - 7th Grade Class 4A Boys
11:40 - 8th Grade Class 4A Girls
12:00 - 8th Grade Class 4A Boys
12:20 - 7th Grade Class 3A Girls
12:40 - 7th Grade Class 3A Boys
1:00 - 8th Grade Class 3A Girls
1:20 - 8th Grade Class 3A Boys
Class 2A and 1A will run combined races and will be separated at the chute for Team scoring and medals.
1:40 - 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
2:00 - 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
2:20 - 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
2:40 - 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
Each race will begin approximately every 20 minutes.
Beginning in 2016 and beyond, we will adhere to the posted time schedule.
PACKET PICKUP FOR TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS is strongly recommended at least one and a half hour (90 MIN.) before your class and grade's scheduled races start. Remember, if we get ahead we will stay ahead.
|Individual and Team Competition:|| |
| ||Medals to the first 50 individuals in each race. |
| ||Team Champion & Runner Up Award each Class Grade and Gender.|
The Team title is determined by Replacement Scoring, A team's first 6 finishers count, scoring the top 4 finishers per team. One Team Per School.
7th grade athletes may move up to complete an 8th grade team, but that is their only race of the day.
| || || || |
Washburn Classic Apparel:
Washburn Classic apparel will be available for sale at the meet including: t-shirts, drifit shirts, sweatshirts, and stocking caps. Please pay for apparel using cash or checks. No credit cards !!
|A Concession Stand will be open at the meet site. Food from the outside will not be allowed into the meet site. |
| || |
|A trainer will be on site to tend to the athletes.|| |
| || || || |
|Team/Individuals are asked to pick up camps when leaving the meet. |
| || || |
Directions to the Meet
From I-35/235 (Coming from the North): From I-35/235 (Coming from the South):
- From I-35 take the 36th Street exit and head west on 36th Street
- Stay on 36th Street until you reach NW State Street
- Turn left (South) onto NW State Street
- Follow NW State Street until you reach Ankeny Centennial High School on your right (East) side of the road.
- For event parking, turn into the first (Northernmost) drive off State Street
- From I-35 take the 1st Street exit and head west on 1st Street
- Stay on 1st Street until you reach NW State Street
- Turn right (North) onto NW State Street
- Follow NW State Street until you reach Ankeny Centennial High School on your left (East) side of the road.
- For event parking, turn into the third (Northernmost) drive off State Street
| || || REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS|| |
Follow these simple instructions for entering your athletes into the Middle School State-wide cross country meet.
Registration can be done either by either a coach bringing his/her team, a parent bringing the local team, or a parent bringing an individual athlete. ALL are welcome!
1. Visit the following site: http://www.aspimeetz.com/22175
2. Login or create an account.
- If you are new to the site, create an account on the left.
- If you have used the site before, sign-in with your account on the right.
3. After signing in, click Edit Athlete List
- Enter your athletes' names and their grade level.
- Click Save.
- At this point, you have added a roster, but they are not entered in the meet.
4. Click Edit Entries
- Add your athlete to the correct class (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A), gender, and grade level (7th, 8th).
- Click Save.
- At this point, your athletes are still not entered in the meet.
5. If you do not see a total price listed for your entries ($10 per athlete), go back to step 3 and retrace your work.
6. When you have confirmed a price total:
- Double check that all your athletes are entered in the right class, gender, and grade.
- Click DECLARE.
- Your athletes are now entered in the meet (YAY!)
- Proceed to payment.
7. Pay online
- To pay online, follow the "Pay Now" link that appears after you have clicked "DECLARE"
- If unable to pay online because you are using a school check, e-mail
to notify him you have mailed the check and then mail it via the instructions listed earlier
- You will not be able to pick up your packet on race day if Bill has not confirmed your check has arrived.
8. If stuck, retry from the beginning or e-mail
| || || || |